Ottawa Roofing Permanent Solutions
Are you frustrated with having to change your roof every 10 to 12 years? Many companies promise that the shingles have changed and now include fiberglass but unless your buying from GAF and installed by a Master-Elite contractor then you just won't get the full warranty coverage. If you're looking for some better options then you've come to the right place.
Permanent roofing is certainly not a new idea and with all the problems of conventional ashphalt roofing, many of our clients are choosing to put on a roof that will last the test of time and possibly help out the environment in the process. Below we have two completely different and rather unique options for you. Please contact us for more information or your free, no-obligation, quote!
The facts from A to Z
Metal roofing has been around for more than a century. Used originally for commercial, industrial and agricultural buildings, today’s metal roofing also comes in steel shingles in a variety of attractive contemporary colours.
Of all roofing materials, it is well known that metal roofing is by far the longest lasting roofing material. One only needs to travel the countryside to see century-old homes and agricultural buildings with steel roofs still standing solid and proud.
Although some of them are a little rusty and discoloured on the surface, they have endured countless years of battering from the elements and are still weatherproof. Of course, in earlier days, steel roofing materials did not enjoy the benefits of today’s rust resistant metal coatings, technological advances in oven-baked paint systems and solar reflection qualities all bonded to the steel surface at the factory.
Times have changed since then. Residential steel roofing materials are now available in a wide variety of designs and colours to complement any style of home. Today’s steel roofing materials offer unmatched durability, lasting as much as 4 to 5 times longer than asphalt shingles.
They are so reliable, beautiful and appealing to the eye that they are not only used in roofing applications for residential, commercial and industrial buildings, but also as cladding on inside and outside walls of prestigious commercial, institutional and industrial buildings, professional sports venues and other private and public facilities.
Wakefield Bridge Steel Shingles are the perfect roofing solution for our extreme northern winters
Whether we want to admit it or not, the last few winters have been singularly unpredictable in Canada and the United States. From the West Coast to the East Coast, from the Prairies to the Atlantic Coast, and from the Great White North to the Great Lakes, the weather has been playing havoc with our traditional winters. Heavy snowfalls where there were few before, repetitious winter storms dumping tons of snow for several days at a time, extreme and prolonged cold snaps in Southern Canada and the American Midwest, followed by strong winds, mild weather up North, melting permafrost dangerously threatening our polar bears and caribou and generally creating hardship for everyone are now common occurrences.
These extreme weather conditions and variations in winter temperatures combine with extreme hot summer peaks, blistering sun, sudden high gusts of winds and heavy flash downpours causing flooding and sewer backups and water infiltrations subjecting roofs to water infiltrations and blown-off shingles.
Only the protection of a new steel shingled roof can resist these extreme weather conditions. A quality Wakefield Bridge steel shingle roof is your barrier against all weather-related aggressions. Steel shingles are at least 60 percent lighter and more resistant than asphalt shingles, concrete and clay tiles, cedar shakes and slate roofing materials, and stronger than aluminum shingles.
In addition, steel shingles are energy efficient and require no maintenance. They will not curl, crack, rot, break, chip, peel, streak or perforate under normal use — as will asphalt shingles over time — and they will outlast any other roofing material. Wakefield Bridge steel shingles carry a 50-year transferable warranty and will likely last a lifetime.
Money talks. Let’s do the math.
For example, let’s say it costs you $6,000 to reroof your house with traditional asphalt shingles that will last you 15 years before they need to be replaced.
Example based on an average annual inflation rate of 2.1% from 2000 to 2013, and supposing the inflation rate remains at 2,1% annually for the next 50 years, here is what the real cost of reroofing would be for the average homeowner, if he or she had to replace the roof every 15 years. Cost of materials only. Increases over and above 2,1% annually in the cost of steel and transportation are not factored into this calculation. Installation cost not included.
Cost of reroofing with conventional asphalt shingles over 50 years
Cost of reroofing with Wakefield Bridge steel shingles over 50 years
Now, what will it be?
The most economical solution or the best quality solution for the long term? Draw the conclusion: the cost of reroofing every 15 years for a total of 50 years would be 6,4 times the cost of reroofing ONCE AND FOR ALL with Ideal Roofing’s WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles.
10 good reasons to install steel shingles
1. LONG-LASTING. Because you don’t want to have to reroof in 10 or 15 years, WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are an investment that pays for itself over and over again as times passes. WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are long-lasting and carry a transferable 50-year warranty which increases the resale value of your house.
2. ATTRACTIVE AND LIGHTWEIGHT. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are aesthetically pleasing to the eye with vibrant colours in a matt finish that blends in with your neighbourhood and they look great on any type of roof. In addition, they are lightweight — at least 60 percent lighter — and more resistant than asphalt shingles, concrete and clay tiles, cedar shakes and slate roofing materials.
3. STRONGER THAN ALUMINUM. It is a fact that Wakefield Bridge steel shingles are stronger, thus will not dent as easily, yet are less expensive than aluminum shingles. In time, aluminum shingles will deteriorate under the effect of oxidization.
4. RUST RESISTANT. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are protected with a corrosion-resistant first coating of zinc and aluminum called GALVALUME, then a second coating of primer paint and finally, a third coating of an oven-baked PVDF paint film with added Kynar 500® resin.
5. DURABILITY. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles won’t curl, crack, rot, break, chip, peel, streak or perforate under normal use. Neither will they leave ugly, long, dark, vertical tar streaks and shed loose granules to clog your gutters like asphalt shingles do, as they have a smooth finish.
6. RESISTANT TO 241 KM/H OR 150 mph WINDS. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles will resist driving acid rain, ice and hail storms, heavy sleet and snow falls, wind gusts up to 241 km/h or 150 mph, stinging frost, blistering sun, insects, pine needles, and even burning embers from brush or forest fires.
7. NOT SUBJECT TO VARIABLE OIL PRICES.Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are manufactured with new and recycled steel, and are not subject to the fluctuations in the cost of fossil fuels and world market oil prices.
8. COOL-ROOF TECHNOLOGY. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles enjoy the most advanced Cool Roof® solar reflection technology ensuring exceptional protection from solar radiation and reducing the cost of air-conditioning.
9. ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY BECAUSE THEY ARE RECYCLABLE. Contrary to asphalt shingles clogging our landfill sites after their useful life, WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are made in part of recycled steel and are 100% recyclable at the end of their extended lifecycle, thereby contributing to the protection of our environment.
10. HIGHER RESALE VALUE.With their 50-year transferable warranty, WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles bring added value to your house. Contrary to a house with a roof covered with asphalt shingles, your will retain a higher resale market value when you are ready to move on.
Avec toutes ces caractéristiques et ces avantages, pourquoi choisiriez-vous tout autre revêtement de toiture ?
I am extremely happy with the quality of workmanship that Nuden Reno's has completed on our behalf. They are true to their word. The staff is very hardworking, dedicated to completing the job at hand. The quality of products used are the best. I will continue using Nuden Reno's for years to come and have gladly referred them to my family and friends. Thank you so much Nuden Reno's.Lyne in Ottawa
Thanks Steven and team for the great job on the roof. You guys called a head, showed up when you said you would, finished in no time and were very respectful of me and my property. So glad that I decided to go with steel so that I never have to worry about it again. I really like the fact that the Wakefield Bridge steel is so much nicer looking that the typical cottage type steel roof!Tonya in Ottawa
I Michel would like to say that our house was left in a big mess by a previous contactor that I can’t mention at the present because of legal action against them but Yvon from Nuden Reno came for estimate for the job because of our situation did not have the money to get it done now. well the salesman when to is boss told him our story Steven the owner call us to meet with us he gave us a break. The company and his suppliers are getting together to help us out and to make happen. They are real angels that came to our door ,without his help this project would not of happen. Please pass by 67 Crownhill St. and cheer these people up that came to our rescue. Thank you very much Nuden Reno and gang in my books the company is a 10 plus come and see the beautiful work.michel in Ottawa